Wednesday, May 13, 2015

What's it called?

I'm sitting here thinking about all the education reforms and trainings I've been involved with just over the five years I've been teaching. Personalized, collaborative, small learning communities, standardized testing, project based learning, gradual release, and more just in that short time. Do any of these methods really meet my student's needs? Do any of these truly keep 100% of my students engaged, interested, and learning? In my very humble opinion...no. 

So what type of classroom am I looking for? I mentioned that my new classroom will be a personal learning classroom but I want it to be even more because I don't want it to stop at that. Just like we learn new techniques, new technology gets created, and our knowledge has grew from the earth being flat to round; I want my classroom to be an ever-evolving and growing environment.  I want to learn from my students, seek out new techniques, and evolve my skills. I want my students to know real enagagement, feel truly respected, know I care about their success, and that I know they're each unique while they learn.

So I suppose I want an evolutionary classroom...one that never stops changing because my students will never stop changing. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment