Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Gamification Expanded

I have been thinking about what information I want to offer for my gamification consulting workshops.  I've also started to revamp some of the things I am doing in class to redesign and improve what I am doing.   It is important for me to design gamification techniques for those who have computers for each student and those that may not have any technology in the classroom because I want my techniques to be user friendly for all types of classrooms and subjects.

I'm reading every article and peer reviewed research I can get my hands on and have started to narrow down what I think is important.  I know the main topics I want to cover include: what is gamification, how it looks in my classroom, setting the right classroom culture, game based principles, using storytelling, aesthetics (electronic and non electronic techniques), game mechanics, and a final closing and reflection piece.  I believe it would be a good gamification 101 workshop for any teacher so that they would enough information to actually get started in their own class afterwards. 

One of the things I've considered while designing the workshop is how many trainings I've gone to that either cover too much information and I feel overwhelmed or too little so that I feel like I need several more before I can put anything into practice.  I want to find a happy medium so that teachers can implement practices right away and know where to start.  I also began to work on my website which is: http://mrskirk.wixsite.com/accomplish.  I am excited to start this new adventure soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment